Keystage 4 – Physical Education (PE)
ISIB does not currently offer PE as an IGCSE subject but feel it is a very important aspect of a students school life, we therefore ensure that each year group including those in Keystage 4 are given lessons in Physical education. The syllabus provides learners with an opportunity to study both the practical and theoretical aspects of physical education. It is designed to encourage enjoyment in physical activity by providing learners with an opportunity to take part in a range of physical activities and develop an understanding of effective and safe physical performance. This helps learners to develop an appreciation of the necessity for sound understanding of the principles, practices and training that underpin improved performance, better health and well-being.
Topics to be studied
- Physical Conditioning tests (push-ups, squats, sit ups, burpees, Beep test)
- Team games – Dodge ball, relay races, tug of war
- Football training – rules, movements, kicks, tactics and techniques
- Volleyball – rules, movement tactics and techniques
- Handball – rules and movement
- Fitness and dance – workout plans
- Human anatomy – skeleton, bone, muscle, etc
- Ski/Snowboard camp
- Track and field – discus, long jump, high jump, shotput etc
- Martial arts – Muay Thai
Physical conditioning tests will be done at the beginning and end of the year to check to see if student fitness and agility has improved as the year has progressed. Students will be assessed on their ability for each techniques/skill set taught to build up an idea of student’s strengths and areas requiring greater assistance.
For more information regarding this course please speak to Mr Mate